Rotary Foundation Graduate Scholarship Programme 2019-2020
Rotary Foundation Graduate Scholarship Programme 2019-2020:
The Rotary Foundation Graduate Scholarship Programme… Rotary Foundation is now accepting applications for the Rotary Graduate Scholarship programme. This scholarship is for students from outside the UK (a citizen of a low to middle-income country), who are planning to take up a place on a graduate course within District 1090.
The Rotary Scholarship programme is one of the largest privately funded scholarship programmes in the world. In 2017 Rotary International celebrated 70 years of the scholarship programme.
The Rotary Foundation is a non-profit corporation that supports the efforts of Rotary International to achieve world understanding and peace through international humanitarian, educational, and cultural exchange programs.
- Applications Deadline: March 31, 2019
- Course Level: The scholarship is open for the graduate degree program
- Study Subject: The scholarship will be awarded either in the area of Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution or Economic and Community
- Scholarship Award: The applicants have an opportunity to win USD 30,000
- Nationality: Low or middle-income countries are eligible to apply
- Number of Scholarships: There is only one scholarship available
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Rotary Foundation Graduate Scholarship Programme Eligibility.
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students low or middle-income countries.
- Entrance Requirements: This scholarship is for students from outside the UK, who are planning to take up a place on a graduate course within District 1090. To be eligible:
- Applicants must be from (a citizen of) a low to middle-income country, as defined by the UK Government’s Department of International Development.
- Applicants must have been offered a place, or expect to receive an offer of a place to study on a graduate course in the academic year 2019/20. Applicants must expect to be in receipt of an offer by April 2019
- The planned university course must fit either under Rotary’s first Areas of Focus “Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution” or the sixth Area of Focus “Economic and Community Development”.
- Applicants must be planning to study at a university within Rotary District 1090. This covers Brunel, Bucks New, Oxford, Oxford Brookes, and Reading Universities.
- Applicants must be planning to start on a new course in the academic year 2019/20, ie this scholarship will not be awarded to a student about to move into year two of a two-year graduate course.
- Rotarians are not eligible to apply. Applicants may not be related to a Rotarian (partner, child or grandchild of a current Rotarian or someone who has been a Rotarian in the last three years). Scholarships are funded by Global Grants and this fits with the rule that Rotarians and their families may not be beneficiaries of a Global Grant.
- This is a two-stage application process.
- This scholarship is awarded by Rotary Foundation central offices in the USA, but must first be endorsed by Rotary District 1090.
- Applicants should complete the online application form and submit this before the deadline of 5 pm on 31st March 2019.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://fs27.formsite.com/rotary-d1090/form2/index.html
APPLY ALSO: Mark Wainberg Fellowship Programme 2019