North Western Makeathon Competition 2019 | nwmakeathonng.org
North Western Makeathon Competition 2019 | nwmakeathonng.org: The Office of the Vice President (OVP) Nigeria invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 2019 North Western Makeathon Competition. The objective of this is to start a process and develop an ecosystem of innovation close to conflict and natural disaster affected people by co-creating solutions with them and with humanitarian service providers to address the protection and assistance challenges that have remained so far neglected. The competition will attract prizes in the following categories: 1st Prize: $1000 & Incubation and acceleration, 2nd & 3rd Prize: Incubation and acceleration of your idea.
NWMakeathon Contest – Having demonstrated the impact of innovation in rebuilding the North-East, the Office of the Vice President (OVP) Nigeria is organizing a makeathon in the North-West region titled NWMakeathon in partnership with the Selected Hub.
- The NWMakeathon is an open and intensive solution creation contest which would cut across the region with the objective of bringing together the skills and knowledge of a diverse set of individuals and institutions including entrepreneurs, start-ups, innovators, businesses, academics, policymakers, and community leaders, all committed to address the socio-economic challenges of North-West Nigeria.
The Goals and Objectives of the Makeathon
- To start a process and develop an ecosystem of innovation close to conflict and natural disaster affected people by co-creating solutions with them and with humanitarian service providers to address the protection and assistance challenges that have remained so far neglected.
- During the makeathon, 30 teams of innovators and sector experts will be selected from a pool of applicants would work together to conceptualize ideas and transform them into working prototypes.
- At the end of the co-creation period, 15 teams would be selected across all 7 states to participate in the market validation stage. At demo day, 7 most innovative teams with solutions scoring high on criteria such as: ‘likelihood to succeed’, ‘social impact’, ‘commercial viability’, and ‘relevance’ would be selected to participate in the 3 months long blended incubation programme (online & physical) at incubation hubs closest to them in the region.
Key Challenges Area:
- Protection – 60%
- Nutrition and Food Security – 55%
- Quality Education – 95%
- Health – 80%
- Economic Security – 70%
Phases of the Competition:
- Phase 1 – Roadshow
- Phase 2 – Call For Ideas
- Phase 3 – Co-creation
- Phase 4 – Market Validation
- Phase 5 – Demo Day
- Phase 6 – INCUBATION
Opportunities for the Participants
- 1st Prize: $1000, incubation and acceleration of your idea.
- 2nd & 3rd Prize: Incubation and acceleration of your idea.
Application Closing Date
5th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application