Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2019 for International Students
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2019 for International Students: Government of Brunei is now accepting applications form international students for its 2019/2020 Scholarship (Postgraduate Master’s Degree, Undergraduate and Diploma programmes). The deadline for submission of applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship is 28th February, 2019.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2019/2020 academic session.
Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
- · Universiti Brunei Darussalam (UBD),
- · Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali (UNISSA),
- · Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB) and
- · Politeknik Brunei (PB).
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Benefits.
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course;
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00;
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00;
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00;
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic;
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- · BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- · BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Requirements.
- Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
- Applicants should be nominated by their Government.
- Applicants must be certified to be medically fit to undertake the scholarship and to study in Brunei Darussalam, by a qualified medical practitioner who is registered with any Government Authority(ies) prior to arrival in Brunei Darussalam. Any and all costs incurred in obtaining this certification are to be borne by the applicant.
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2019.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
PROGRAMMES OFFERED AND ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
Programmes offered, entry qualifications and any further information are available from the following websites:
- Universiti Brunei Darussalam – www.ubd.edu.bn
- Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali– www.unissa.edu.bn
- Universiti Teknologi Brunei– www.utb.edu.bn
- Politeknik Brunei – www.pb.edu.bn
* only programmes offered under BDGS Scholarship as per advertisement for Academic Year 2019/2020.
Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Terms & Conditions.
The general terms and conditions are as follows:
- This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This scholarship may be terminated or revoked immediately should the scholarship recipient be found holding another scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without prior written approval of the Ministry.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship. No marriage allowance nor child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child or children.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
- A scholarship recipient is required to:
- conform to all the rules and regulations underlying this Scholarship;
- abide by the rules and regulations of his University/ Polytechnic;
- respect the customs, culture and official religion of Brunei Darussalam;
- obey all the laws and regulations of Brunei Darussalam;
- refrain from engaging in political activities;
- undergo health screening in Brunei Darussalam if deemed necessary by the Ministry of Foreign Affair.
- Upon completion of the programme, the scholarship recipient will be required to leave Brunei Darussalam with immediate effect
How to Apply for Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship.
- Application forms can be downloaded from the following link: APPLICATION FORM 2019/2020
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed to the following address: [email protected] (NOTE: Maximum size allowed for e-mail and attachment files is 10MB)
- Applicants applying to Univeristi Brunei Darussalam must also complete an online application through https://apply.ubd.edu.bn/orbeon/uis-welcome/
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- The closing date for the reception of completed application forms, together with certified copies of relevant certificates and documents is, not later than 1600 hrs (Brunei time) on 28 February 2019.
- An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programmes, and to sit a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained. Only successful applicants will be notified
For further enquiries please contact:
Technical Assistance Division
Department of Administration
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Bandar Seri Begawan BD2710
Tel: +673 2261177 ext. 163 / 310
Fax: + 673 2261250
E-mail: [email protected]